207 South Tennessee Avenue
LaFollette, TN 37766
Phone: (423) 562-4961
Fax: (423) 563-0703


City Clerk: Stan Foust/ HR Coordinator

Assistant City Clerk: Donna Weaver

Assistant City Clerk: Jessica Roberts




The Office of City Clerk serves as the chief collector of revenues and the reporting thereof. This office disburses property tax bills and receives payment in accordance with state laws. This office also issues and collects business tax in accordance with state laws and prepares annual reports to the Tennessee Department of Revenue. The Clerk's office maintains reports and records related to tax ledgers, clerk and master reports, as well as tax requests and property tax relief. This office also performs audit of Situs report related to the collection of sales tax.

Property Tax

For property tax inquiries contact Stan Foust or Donna Weaver at (423) 562-4961. Property taxes become payable October 1st and shall become delinquent March 1st of each year. If you do not receive a tax notice please contact the Office of City Clerk for further information or instruction. Please note that as a property owner it is your responsibility to know what taxes are due and when, whether you received a notice or not. It is also the property owner's responsibility to notify us of any address changes. If you would like information on the tax relief program offered by the State of Tennessee and the qualifications that must be met in order to receive this benefit, please contact Stan Foust or Donna Weaver for details.

Business Tax

Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated 67-4-701, a business located within the corporate limits of the City of LaFollette is required to have a business license. You may obtain an application for a business license at the clerk's office or you may print the form from here and complete it and remit it to the clerk's office with all fees and documentation required. Please note that the application must be received within twenty (20) days from the commencement of business or penalty and interest will be applied.

Business License Application

For Step by Step Instructions on How to Renew with the State, click here.

Peddlers Permits

Pursuant to the LaFollette Municipal Code 5-201, any peddler, canvasser, or solicitor, or transient merchant, must first obtain a permit and meet the provisions established by the Municipal Code. The provisions can be found on the permit application.

Peddlers Permit Application

Circus/Carnival Permit

Any circus or carnival planning an event within the corporate limits of the City of LaFollette must apply for a permit. Applications must be received a minimum of fifteen (15) days in advance of the circus or carnival. Please review the application for detailed guidelines and regulations.

Circus/Carnival Permit Application

Beer Permit

If you are interested in obtaining a beer permit, please fill out the application completely and return the application to the City Clerk's office. A non-refundable $500.00 fee must accompany the application. The Beer Board will review the application for approval or rejection. All applicants are subject to a background check.

Beer Permit Application

Wine Permit

Retail food stores that desire to obtain a "Retail Food Store Wine License" issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) must first obtain a "City of LaFollette Certificate of Compliance" which is required by Tennessee Code 57-3-806 (a) and (b). You must pass a TBI background check and pay a non-refundable $1,000.00 permit fee. After the initial permit fee, you will also pay a yearly renewal fee of $500.00 due January 1st of every year.

Wine Permit Application